JRD Tata or Jehangir Ratanji Dadabhoy Tata is known as The Father of Indian Aviation. The first pilot license issued in India was to him. He was also a world-known successful business mogul. Under his chairmanship, assets of Tata Group rose from $100 million to $5 billion.
In 2019, Tata became the only Indian brand to enter the list of top-100 global brand at $19.5 billion.
JRD Tata started several ’employee welfare schemes’, some of which were adopted by Indian Government.
JRD Tata founded many successful companies and few popular ones are:
- Tata Motors
- Tata Chemicals
- Titan Industries
- Tata Global Beverages
- Tata Salt
- TCS (Tata Consultancy Services)
- Tata Interactive Systems
- Tata Airlines (now Air India)
- Lakme (now owned by Hindustan Unilever)
JRD Tata: Awards
JRD Tata was awarded with many prestigious awards (national and international):
- Bharat Ratna
- Padma Vibhushan
- United Nations Population Award
- The French Legion of Honor
- Tony Jannus Award
- FAI Gold Air Medal
- Edward Warner Award
- Daniel Guggenheim Medal
He was conferred the honorary rank of group captain by the Indian Air Force in 1948. Later, he was promoted to the Air Commodore rank and then to the Air Vice Marshal rank in 1974.
- The Indian Parliament was adjourned on his death, an honor not usually given to non-members of Parliament.
- The first double-deck flyover in Maharashtra at Nashik Phata in Pune is named after him as ‘Bharatratna JRD Tata Flyover’.
- JRD Tata Stamp was released by India Post, GOI in 1994.
JRD Tata Quotes ( 5 Best Inspirational )
Never start with diffidence, always start with confidence.
Always aim at perfection for only then will you achieve excellence.
Uncommon thinkers reuse what common thinkers refuse.
Most of our troubles are due to poor implementation, wrong priorities and unattainable targets.
“Nothing worthwhile is ever achieved without deep thought and hard work.
Inspirational quotes of successful person are always helpful to change your mindset. It changes your perception and motivates you in a positive direction. But, execution is important. Set your priorities right and achieve your goals. Most importantly, take your first step with confidence.
- eChai & SIMS Meetup – Take Aways From Pune Founders Who Have Made It To Shark Tank India - July 8, 2023
- 5 C’s That Are Important For Startups To Succeed - July 1, 2023
- How Disruptive Technologies Are Empowering The World! - September 21, 2021